A woman from Delhi was electrocuted after touching an electric pole with open wires on Sunday morning. She was rushed to the hospital after the incident but died.
A woman was electrocuted to death in Delhi after she touched an electric pole while trying to walk through a flooded road on Sunday.
The woman, identified as Sakshi Ahuja, had reached the New Delhi Railway Station on Sunday at 5.30 am with her sister and three children to board a train to Bhopal.
However, outside the station, when she was crossing a waterlogged road, she held on to an electric pole for support and got electrocuted.
A few wires were protruding out from the electric pole when the incident took place.
According to eyewitnesses, people nearby tried to help the woman after she was electrocuted.
Later, the Delhi Police arrived at the spot and the woman was rushed to a hospital where she was declared dead by doctors. The woman’s sister filed a complaint with the police alleging negligence by the authorities.
Talking about how the electrocution took place, the police said that there was current leakage from the cable on the pole due to insulation failure.
The police registered a case under Section 287 and 304 (Negligent conduct with respect to machinery) of the Indian Penal Code and were probing to determine whose negligence led to the incident. A forensic team also reached the spot and an investigation was underway.